Home Forums Blogging Tips & Tricks wordpress and “about” pages….

8 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Mark Scott 10 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Cindy
      @cindy5

anyone know how to put an “about” page on a wordpress blog?  I’m obviously a rookie, and I can’t figure it out! 

thanks!

Liz Clouse
      @lizard227

One rookie to another, I’ll try to help. 

On the left hand menu, got to pages and click add a new page. Then name the page and write your bio.

Then you need to add the page to your menu. I hope that helps. I am not the best but I muddle through =)

Mark Scott
      @mlsctt2033

Hi Cindy, Liz did a great job answering this.
      I would add that creating a page is similar to creating a new post.
      Once you create your page you can work with your menus to decide where you want the link to your about page listed. You can find menus on your dashboard under “appearance”. If you want your about page to be a static front page you can do that by customizing your theme. Again this option is found off the dashboard.
      Let me know if this helps. I am answering this on my phone so I don’t have my WordPress account open for reference. I can provide more information later if you still need help.

Cindy
      @cindy5

thanks Liz and mark…I’ll make that my goal for today! 

Liz Clouse
      @lizard227

Glad to help! I am excited that I could actually answer a question =)

Cindy said:

thanks Liz and mark…I’ll make that my goal for today! 

Cindy
      @cindy5

ok, i made the page, but how do i put a tab at the top (or side) so that folks can click on it?  this is so frustrating! I won’t give up though….

Mark Scott
      @mlsctt2033

Cindy,
      The tab would be a part of your menu options. Go to your dashboard, appearance, menus, and there should be a way to add you page to your menu list. Once you do that and apply that menu you should see your about page tab.
      If that doesn’t lead you in the right direction, try looking at the help menu in the top right of your menus page. Sometimes that help option provides you with quick answers to the screens functions.
      Let us know if this helps.

Cindy said:

ok, i made the page, but how do i put a tab at the top (or side) so that folks can click on it?  this is so frustrating! I won’t give up though….

Cindy
      @cindy5

I did it! I did it!!! thank you everyone! I even did it on another blog I’ve been posting and practicing on (for writing class).  If you’d like to see, it’s http://www.donkeytiara.com   

Mark Scott
      @mlsctt2033

Congratulations! I’ll head over to your site and check it out.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.