Home Forums Blog Talk Advertisers on your blog

8 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Rebecca Braglio 13 years ago
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Lisa
      Participant
      @lisa14

Hello fellow bloggers,

In my quest to get to Blogpaws (the airfare from Canada is so darn expensive)  I am working on selling ads on my blog. (that are pet-loving related, but of course)  I don’t have alot of followers but I do have over 10,000 twitter followers and a FB page.     

My question is how do you get the word out you offer ad space.  Do you have something already on your blog letting people know what’s available?    Thank you Yvonne DiVita for giving me some great advice on what to charge.    This is all new to me. Any suggestions/resources on how to set up ads would be great!

Lisa (The Pet Book Lady)

http://www.PetBookLadyBlog.com

Kristine Tonks
      @rescuedinsanity

I didn’t know you were Canadian! Very cool. I’m not going to Blog Paws for that very reason – there is just no way I could afford the airfare, plus hotel. It’s not happening. So I don’t really have any tips for you. However, I am interested in one day selling ads myself. I’ve love to also know what suggestions people have.

Congratulations on the 10,000 followers! That’s fantastic!

Lisa
      Participant
      @lisa14

I went to the very first Blogpaws (Columbus, Ohio) and it was AMAZING.  Met so many incredible people and learned so much.  I couldn’t attend the 2nd one but must have been on most of the webcasts.

I think I was the only Canadian there but I’m thinking this one in VA will have some Canucks.  Shawna from @FidoandWino perhaps?     

I’ll post what I find out about setting up ad space on a blog.  I’m going to make it a special sidebar recognizing them as peeps helping me to get to Blogpaws 2011.  Might even approach some local pet businesses.  

Hope to meet you someday in person!

Rebecca Braglio
      Participant
      @info145

I have a little section that tells people how to contact me if they are interested in advertising, but I also pound the pavement and seek them out.

Lisa
      Participant
      @lisa14

I think seeking them out is a great idea.  If your ship doesn’t come in swim out to it!

Rebecca Braglio
      Participant
      @info145

I’ve had a LOT of people interested in advertising, but when it comes down to following through with it the numbers are low.  I’m not sure why — I think businesses are still more likely to buy print advertising, not realizing that the web/social media is the new way to go. 

How did you decide what to charge?

Yvonne
      Participant
      @yvonne1

Lisa, your best bet is to visit some blogs that DO have ads. Start with the popular ones like Mashable and Techcrunch. Look at how THEY do it. Then, scout around the pet community till you find some folks with ads on their blog… hmmm… I think another blog post is in order…check the BlogPaws blog in about an hour.

Yvonne
      Participant
      @yvonne1

Hey Rebecca, charging is a process. Visit the BlogPaws blog and see the post from May 20th. I outline some things to think about when considering the cost of ads on your blog. Hope it helps.

Rebecca Braglio said:

I’ve had a LOT of people interested in advertising, but when it comes down to following through with it the numbers are low.  I’m not sure why — I think businesses are still more likely to buy print advertising, not realizing that the web/social media is the new way to go. 

How did you decide what to charge?

Rebecca Braglio
      Participant
      @info145

Thanks Yvonne!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.