Home Forums Blog Talk Browsers

6 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Dawn 12 years, 10 months ago
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

Probably like most people I started my Internet life with Internet Explorer.  I’ve used it for most of the last 13 years.  About 3 years ago, I downloaded Firefox, but didn’t begin using it full-time until last year when IE seemed to really slow down on my computer.  I got a laptop last week and decided to use Google Chrome after ArkLady (DianaLGuerrero) mentioned how she uses it in the discussion on finding time to blog.

I was wondering what browser (or browsers) everyone used and how you used it to help you with blogging?

ArkLady (DianaLGuerrero)
      @guerreroink2006

LOL Thanks for the mention. As you shared, I use Chrome and RockMelt (a social networking oriented browser on the Chrome framework) because of the speed. I still like Firefox but once you get used to the speed and other options, it is hard to go back.

I don’t tend to blog from the browser platforms and I’d be interested in hearing about the pros and cons from those of you who do.

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

Thanks Diane! I’ve never heard of RockMelt.  Will have to check it out.  Are there any browser apps/extensions you use that help you blog?  I added Clip to Evernote so I can clip info I might use and bit.ly to shorten links as well as the Daily Links you recommended.

ArkLady (DianaLGuerrero)
      @guerreroink2006

Almost got it…Dian_a_ <g>

Rockmelt is a social media integrated browser that is built on the Chrome framework. It is a memory hog but nice to use if you want to check in and monitor multiple accts (Facebook, Twitter, etc).

I blog directly and don’t tend to use any extensions when I do. I use a variety of tools but not for blogging! I also use Evernote for notes and Share This on occasion but since Rockmelt is integrated, I tend to use that more.

Truth be told, I am actually now doing a heck of a lot via mobile.

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

Auughh!  Sorry.  My next door neighbor is Diane so my brain goes on automatic.  Was reading a little bit about RockMelt.  It looks interesting.  Will check it out  some more.

Doodling Dogs
      @doodlingdogs

I only use Chrome.  After having many way too many headaches with Firefox and IE I finally made the switch to Chrome and love it!  It is much faster than what I was previously using and never crashes.  I would definitely recommend using Chrome, especially if you are on the internet often.

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

I’m really liking Chrome.  I really appreciate everyone sharing, it’s a big help!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.