Home Forums Blog Talk Finding time to Blog

8 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Sheltie Times 12 years, 12 months ago
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

Between working full-time (+ overtime), taking care of my zoo crew and trying to get sleep I find it hard to find time to write for my blog.  How do you find time?  Do you have any tips to share on making the most of what time you have to blog?

Sheltie Times
      Participant
      @cledder

I try to blog ahead when I can.  Writing in chunks and preposting allows me some freedom.  For instance last week my education blog was written in advance through Friday, this week through Wed.  This allows me to work on my Sheltie and Craft blogs.

Start drafts and save them.  These drafts can become blogs later.  You can polish them, add pictures, and make them a better entry, but you have a solid start and you don’t lose the idea.

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

I’ve been trying to write posts ahead especially when I have a day off.  My one problem is I tend to be too much of a perfectionist and want it absolutely perfect before I post so proof read and proof read.  I’m getting better at being happy with them without reading them over and over. :>)

Sheltie Times
      Participant
      @cledder

Post it and you can always go back and edit it.  I found a mistake in my morning post.  I went back and fixed it, but I had a morning post.

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

I know.  I just have to get out of the school mentality and feeling like everything is graded. Too much time spent taking classes!

ArkLady (DianaLGuerrero)
      @guerreroink2006

@Dawn I have to make time. I use Chrome and the DailyLinks extension to pull up forums, blogs that I write for, and other odds and ends. It keeps me on track.

Since I have several blogs I’ve re-prioritized and post 3x per week on the main ones and was posting once a month on all the others but now I am merging so I am not spread so thin!

@SheltieTimes had a good suggestion but you can also use Google docs to jot down ideas in a spread sheet too. I blog and post and sometimes sitting back 24 hours gives you that different perspective to catch errors and typos. The trick is to get it done, correct it and keep going!

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

I appreciate all the ideas and suggestions!  That Daily Links app looks great.  I’m planning on buying a laptop in a month or so (any suggestions for a good mid-priced laptop) which I think will help me some with time.  I will have to try Chrome on that when I get it.  My desktop has been around for many years and I hate to slow it down more by adding more programs.

Rebecca Braglio
      Participant
      @info145

I write in chunks, too.  Of course, I also try to sneak in time to do blogging while at my day job 🙂

It’s hard, though, especially when I have product reviews to do sometimes it’s hard to get them out as quickly as the companies would like.

Sheltie Times
      Participant
      @cledder

I write and save drafts, too.  That allows me to go back and edit, and post when it is finished.  This way it keeps reminding me I need to finish it.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.